Sunday, November 30, 2014

Dolomites part 2

Just like the first post on our visit to the Dolomites, this one is about stunning images. Mike had done a good job in finding the right routes for the first part and I'll let you be the judge if he's done it as well for the second. Just look at the photos and be amazed what this part of the world has to offer.
Looking at the map you can't really go wrong here anyway as it's literally one green marked route after another.

These are the guys to look out for...
It is strange, to put it mildly, that the Dolomites are generally seen as an inferior part of the Alps. We can't see why that would be the case. Of course the Alps in Switzerland and Austria are beautiful and they have slightly higher peaks than the Italian Dolomites, but my God are they beautiful. The term rubber necking has been invented for roads like these, roads I haven't seen anywhere else in the world yet.


I'm sure a certain Romanian will start to sputter when she reads this… I'm not going to argue as I haven't been there, yet. Apart from that, it is hard to compare one landscape to another and beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. Like I said earlier: just look at the photos, I'll let them do the talking and you can make your travel plans!




Advertisement


Advertisement: